Join us monthly for lively and insightful Government Contracts Topics.
- Free Admission
- Educational Webinar
- Networking Opportunity
- Interactive Format with Q&A portion
Next Episode: Buy America Act & Conducting Business Internationally
This episode will cover all aspects of the BAA, TAA, and related exceptions. Learn what the Acts cover, how to ensure your products comply, and how to create a Compliance Program to avoid the costly penalties. We’ll also hear directly from International Trade Expert, Dan Minutillo about conducting business internationally in this current climate.
- Understand what the BAA, TAA, and related regulations actually require
- Determine what contracts are covered and what contracts are exempt
- Analyze the frequent situations where BAA or TAA compliance is not clear
- Determine if a particular product complies with BAA and TAA
- Learn what “manufactured” in the US really means
- Know what qualifies as “substantial transformation” under the TAA
- Plan for the prime/sub relationship impacted by the regulations requirements
- Design or improve government contract compliance programs
- Understand the consequences of falsely certifying a product as compliant under the False Claims Act, the False Statements Act, and debarment procedures
Meet the Host
Barbara Kinosky is the Managing Partner of Centre Law and Consulting and has more than twenty-five years of experience in all aspects of federal government contracting. Barbara is a nationally known expert on GSA and VA Schedules and the Service Contract Act, and she has served as an expert witness for federal government contracting cases. She has a proven track record of solving complex issues for clients by providing strategic and business savvy advice. Barbara was named a top attorney for federal contracting by Smart CEO magazine in 2010, 2012 and 2015. She started Centre in 2002 to provide integrated legal, GSA consulting and training services.