Barbara Kinosky is the Managing Partner of Centre Law and Consulting. She has more than twenty-five years of experience in all aspects of federal government contracting. Barbara is a nationally known speaker, expert witness, Arbitrator on complex prime subcontractor disputes and author. She has a proven track record of solving complex government contracting issues for clients by providing strategic and business savvy advice. Barbara was named a top attorney for federal contracting by Smart CEO magazine in 2010, 2012 and 2015. She holds a Top Secret Security Clearance. Prior to establishing Centre, Barbara was the head of a government contracts practice group at a major law firm. She started Centre in 2002 to provide integrated legal, GSA consulting and training services to federal contractors.
Meet Barbara Kinosky, Managing Partner
- Successfully changed termination for convenience of aircraft manufacturing facility to contract performance with termination costs included.
- Won one of the biggest bid protests ever decided for an airline overhaul facility.
- Represented the New York Port Authority in the World Trade Center redevelopment for a GSA lease.
- Worked with large multinationals to establish federal sector verticals.
- Testified before two Congressional committees on acquisition reform.
- Washington SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2015 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
- Washington SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2012 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
- Washington SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2010 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
- Martindale Avvo Rating of 5.0
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Ten Tips for Navigating the Service Contract Labor Standards
- Boot Camp for GSA/VA Contracting textbook
- Basics of Federal Contracting textbook
- Service Contact Act textbook
- Federal Contract Law textbook
- Organizational Conflicts of Interest and Ethics textbook
- Bloomberg Law Federal Contract Reports: “‘Gotcha’ Isn’t Always Enough, Contract Protesters Know“, March 14, 2017
- BNA Insights: “Procurement Integrity—New Bill Aims to Regulate Procurement Officers and Former Contractors Involved in Acquisitions“, September 15, 2015
- Contributor, Federal Government Contracting Compliance – Wolters Kluwer, The Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook (1st ed. 2017)
- The Washington Post: “For Government Contractors, Shutdown Makes for an Uncertain Holiday Break“, December 22, 2018
- Federal News Network: “Shutdown Starts Bringing Significant Losses for Federal Contractors“, January 7, 2019
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
JD, George Mason University School of Law
Associate Editor of the Law Review
BS, Florida State University
- Selected to American Arbitration Association (AAA) Large Complex Case Panel
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Vice Chair of Acquisition Reform & Emerging Issues
- Washington DC Police Foundation Board of Directors
- George Mason University’s Center for Government Contracting Board of Directors
- Capitol Speakers Club