Barbara Kinosky, Esq., is the Managing Partner of Centre Law & Consulting and a highly experienced professional with over thirty years of representing clients in various federal government contracting issues, disputes, and protests. Barbara has been recognized for her outstanding contributions to federal government contracting and was voted into the American Bar Foundation as a Fellow, an honor limited to the top 1% of licensed attorneys.
Barbara Kinosky is a nationally renowned speaker, author, expert witness, and AAA Arbitrator specializing in complex prime subcontractor disputes. She is an exclusive contributing author for Bloomberg, invited by invitation only. Barbara Kinosky has been consistently recognized as a top attorney for federal contracting by Smart CEO magazine. Her expertise is further validated by her Top Secret Security Clearance. Prior to establishing Centre Law & Consulting, Barbara led a government contracts practice group at a major law firm.
Meet Barbara Kinosky, Managing Partner
- Successfully challenged the termination for convenience of a contract to an aircraft spare parts manufacturing facility, resulting in the reversal of termination, continued contract performance, and securing millions of dollars in termination and legal costs for the client.
- Negotiated GSA Schedule price reductions violations assessed against a large IT company, significantly reducing penalties from $20 million to under one million dollars.
- Won one of the most significant bid protests ever decided for an airline overhaul facility.
- Represented the New York Port Authority in the World Trade Center redevelopment for a GSA lease.
- Worked with large multinationals to establish federal sector verticals.
- Testified before two Congressional committees on acquisition reform.
Barbara Kinosky’s Awards & Recognitions
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Martindale Avvo Rating of 5.0 out of 5
- Selected for American Arbitration Association (AAA) Large Complex Case Panel
- SmartCEO’s Legal Elite 2010, 2012, 2015 – Washington’s Top Attorneys
Barbara Kinosky’s Publications & Presentations
- Read Barbara’s most recent posts on Linked In https://www.linkedin.com/in/barbarakinosky/
- Contributor, Federal Government Contracting Compliance – Wolters Kluwer, The Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook (5th ed. 2022)
- Ten Tips for Navigating the Service Contract Labor Standards
- Boot Camp for GSA/VA Contracting textbook
- Basics of Federal Contracting textbook
- Service Contact Act textbook
- Federal Contract Law textbook
- Bloomberg Law Federal Contract Reports: “‘Gotcha’ Isn’t Always Enough, Contract Protesters Know“, March 14, 2017
- The Washington Post: “For Government Contractors, Shutdown Makes for an Uncertain Holiday Break“, December 22, 2018
- Federal News Network: “Shutdown Starts Bringing Significant Losses for Federal Contractors“, January 7, 2019
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Federal Claims
JD, George Mason University School of Law
Associate Editor of the Law Review
BS, Florida State University
- Selected to American Arbitration Association (AAA) Large Complex Case Panel
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law, Vice Chair of Acquisition Reform & Emerging Issues
- Washington DC Police Foundation Board of Directors
- George Mason University’s Center for Government Contracting Board of Directors
- Capitol Speakers Club