Cost and Pricing Data; “Fair and Reasonable Prices;” Commerciality Determinations (Formal and Informal)
Contract pricing: everyone does it, but no one wants to talk about it. This course will deal with some of the most critical issues involving contract pricing. Taught by an experienced government contracts attorney, this course will cover:
- What is “cost or pricing data,” and what must the contractor provide to the government;
- Exemptions from the cost or pricing data requirements, and how to invoke them;
- How the government determines when prices are “fair and reasonable,” and what contractors can do to help;
- The increasing role of commerciality determinations: what do they mean, and who makes them?
- Subcontractor pricing issues; and
- Pricing as a competitive factor, in both LPTA and best value procurements