Interpret and understand the complex rules and regulations governing intellectual property under Federal Contracts and Grants. When the federal government is involved, numerous complex laws, regulations and policy considerations arise.
This course provides an in-depth understanding of the issues impacting IP under federal contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements. Learn about the legal issues affecting inventions, trade secrets, copyrights, proprietary data, and computer software.
Gain practical skills to draft solid agreements. You will learn how to recognize patent, technical data, and software licensing issues; negotiate key clauses in software licensing agreements; implement strategies for acquiring or maintaining intellectual rights under federal transactions; effectively negotiate Intellectual Property agreements; and navigate the FAR and DFAR data rights clauses.
- Legal basics of patents, copyrights, trade secrets and software licensing
- Federal policies affecting IP development under federally funded arrangements
- Contractor and government rights under traditional government contracts, grants, and GSA schedules
- Procurement and protection of computer software
- Funding issues affecting ownership of intellectual propertyProtection of technical data during proposal preparation and submission
- Protection of intellectual property during contract performance
- Intellectual property issues under non-traditional agreements
- Recent court cases interpreting patents, trade secrets, technical data, and software rights
No classes are currently scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about availability or booking an on-site class.