MAS Updates to Industrial Funding Fee (IFF) Payments and Sales Reporting Due April 30
by Victoria Tollossa
With the General Services Administration’s (GSA) release of the Multiple Award Schedule (MAS), there have been many changes to GSA’s systems, and the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Sales Reporting Portal (SRP) is no exception. While there are some minor changes to the system, there have been NO changes to the sales reporting and Industrial Funding Fee (IFF) payment requirements. This means now that Quarter Two of Fiscal Year (FY) 2020 has ended, all contractors must complete the sales reporting and IFF requirements by April 30th in accordance with Clause 552.238-80.
All non-Transactional Data Reporting (TDR) contractors will submit their sales report and remit the IFF payment for Quarter Two of FY 2020 by April 30th. Contractors that are participating in TDR will complete their monthly sales report for March of 2020 as well as remit their IFF payment for Quarter Two of FY 2020 by April 30th.
Logging into the FAS SRP
Logging into the FAS SRP has not changed. If you are not currently registered in the FAS SRP you will need to register before logging in. Contractors who are registered will still select contractor login, enter their email address and password, and be taken through the multi-factor authentication process to gain access to the FAS SRP. You do not need a digital certificate to access the FAS SRP.
Reporting in the FAS SRP
Once you log in, follow the below steps to report your sales.
- Navigate to the “Reporting” and select your method of reporting, either “Form Entry” or “File Upload”.
- This will pull up an area where you will be prompted to enter your contract number.
- If you are using the File Upload method, you will use GSA’s template and upload the file as usual.
- If you are using the Form Entry method, you will enter the transactional level data if you have accepted TDR or you will enter your quarterly sales by Special Item Number (SIN). Even if you have no sales, you must submit a sales report for the reporting period showing $0.
- After all your sales are reported correctly, click submit.
Your new MAS SINs as well as your legacy Schedule SINs will be shown in the system the first time you login after accepting the MAS Consolidation MASS Modification. For all future sales reporting periods, you will only see the MAS SINs. During this transition reporting period, there are 3 options for reporting sales.
- You can report all sales for the reporting period under the legacy SIN, for example SIN 132-51 for the legacy Schedule 70.
- You can report all sales for the reporting period under the new MAS SIN, for example SIN 54151S under the new MAS. (SIN 54151S is the MAS equivalent SIN to legacy SIN 132-51).
- You can report your sales based on the specific legacy or MAS SIN. This means if you accepted the MAS Consolidation MASS Modification on 3/1/2020, all sales before 3/1/2020 would be reported under legacy SIN 132-51, and all sales after 3/1/2020 would be under MAS SIN 54151S.
Remitting Your IFF Payment
After you submit your sales reports, follow the below steps to remit your IFF payment.
- Navigate to the “Payment” tab on the left side of your screen and select “make a payment”
- You will be prompted to enter your contract number again.
- You will then be asked if you would like to pay your “Payable Balance” or “Past Due Balance”, select what you would like to pay and click “Pay Now”.
- This will take you to a separate website where you can select on how to make your IFF payment.
- Once your payment has been submitted you will be taken back to the FAS SRP where you will see your payment status as pending.
If you have any questions on reporting your sales or making your IFF payment, please feel free to reach out to anyone on our GSA Consulting Team and we would be happy to assist you.