This Policy explains:
- The types of information we collect,
- How we use your information,
- How we share your information,
- How we protect and store your information,
- How to contact us, and
Information We Collect
Information you provide us
Some of the Services may include features or services that allow you to directly provide us with contact information, such as your full name and email address, and other information about you. This includes:
- Contact information and other information you choose to include when you communicate with us, including via email, responses to our communications, or subscriptions to Centre publications. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- When you register for a webinar, event, or training.
- When you inquire about or apply for a position with us.
- When you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Payment information and associated contact information when you engage in a transaction with us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
You may also choose to submit information via other methods, including: interaction with us via social media, including any posts, pictures, videos, and messages that you submit to us either via our social media sites (including by use of hashtags associated with us) or our Services; interaction with our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services; or in connection with an actual or potential attorney-client relationship with us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
Information we automatically collect
When you interact with the Services, certain information is automatically collected. This includes:
- Details of your visit to our site and information generated in the course of using our site (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of Service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to interact with our Services, such as its location, operating system, browser type, and internet service provider.
- Information about how you interact with our publications, including whether you open of click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Any or all activities with regard to collecting usage information may be performed on our behalf by other companies. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We rely on partners to provide many features of our Services using data about your use of our Services.
Below is a list of our partners with links to more information about their use of our data and how to exercise your options regarding tracking.
|LinkedIn Insight Tag
You may be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the third parties who conduct tracking through the Services by following the links provided above. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser settings to disable or reject cookies. Our Services currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Note that if you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of our Services may not function properly or be available.
How We Use and Protect Your Information
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for information,
- To provide you with legal and other services, including to take steps to enter into an attorney-client relationship, process payments, and send service communications,
- To manage, operate, and improve the Services and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing, events, promotional campaigns, and publications,
- To interact with you, including sending you newsletters, client advisories, and direct marketing communications and other materials,
- To understand how users use our Services, including by generating and analyzing statistics,
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel,
- To share information with vendors that provide services on our behalf, and
- To comply with legal requirements; to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal; and to protect the rights of Centre, you, or others.
How We Share Your Information
- Service Providers. We engage the following types of vendors to perform services on our behalf, such as billing and collection providers; website, software, or data hosting; content management; database management; technical integration; marketing automation; providers of analytics services; and payment processing.
- Third Parties. Where you choose to interact with our website, we partner with third-party cookie providers to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. To learn more, please see “Cookies and other tracking technologies” above, or visit the third parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Social Media Platforms. Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media companies to collect information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
- Compliance and Harm Prevention. To comply with applicable law; as provided for under contract; to protect the rights of Centre, you, or others; to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third-parties; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services.
We may also analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with analytics providers to analyze the usefulness and popularity of various web pages on our site.
How We Protect and Store Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may differ from the laws of your jurisdiction.
Marketing and Other Communications
We may send you marketing communications about our products and services, invite you to participate in our events, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes with your consent. If at any time you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email or email us at [email protected].
We do not knowingly collect or store personally identifiable information about children under the age of 16, unless permitted by law. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information from our database
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes here, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Any material changes to the Policy will be published on our website. By your continued use of our Services, you consent to the terms of the revised Policy, where permitted by law.