November 17th 1-3PM
Recent changes under the Trump and Biden Administration have put a renewed focus on enforcement of the regulations around Buy American.
This course will cover all aspects of the BAA, TAA, and related exceptions. Learn what the Acts cover, how to ensure your products comply, and how to create a Compliance Program to avoid the costly penalties.
Course Topics Covered:
- Understand what the BAA, TAA, and related regulations actually require
- Determine what contracts are covered and what contracts are exempt
- Plan your production, proposal, and performance strategy around those requirements
- Analyze the frequent situations where BAA or TAA compliance is not clear
- Determine if a particular product complies with BAA and TAA
- Learn what “manufactured” in the US really means
- Know what qualifies as “substantial transformation” under the TAA
- Plan for the prime/sub relationship impacted by the regulations requirements
- Design or improve government contract compliance programs
- Understand the consequences of falsely certifying a product as compliant under the False Claims Act, the False Statements Act, and debarment procedures
- Recognize other national requirements including specialty metals, The Berry Amendment, and special contract clauses