Understand the laws and regulations that apply to government contractors with hourly service workers. The Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS/SCA) are one of the most challenging requirements for contractors with federal service contracts, from award competition to successful contract administration. This course is designed to help you understand the laws and regulations that apply to government contractors with hourly service workers and avoid the massive fines that result in violating this common government contract clause.
Taught by expert lawyers who offer real-world, practical advice, this is an SCA course unlike any other on the market. Our instructors provide all the ins and outs of how to navigate the complexities of the SCLS, not just the typical Department of Labor agency lines. Consider this: Would you trust the DOL to give you inside advice on how to avoid audits when conducting audits is part of their responsibility?
Course Topics Covered:
- Navigate how to apply SCLS in a COVID-19 environment
- Avoid pitfalls of “self-determining” whether the Act applies
- Avoid SCLS violations
- Understand wage and benefit rules
- Applications to subcontracts
- Understand enforcement and compliance issues
- Handle special GSA and VA Schedule issues
- Apply FLSA exemptions
- Measuring health and safety benefits; compliance with the requirements; the problem of self-insured benefit plans.