Wage and hour laws are complex, and the unknowing violation of the FLSA can bring about a host of complicated legal issues and investigations from the DOL. Consequences for non-compliance can range from fines to payment of back-pay and fringe benefits – even criminal penalties. To avoid legal action, it is pivotal that organizations remain complaint with the FLSA. In Centre’s FLSA training webinar, we will provide you with a step-by-step approach for minimizing and avoiding the risks surrounding DOL investigations. This approach includes helping you understand what rights and obligations employers have, how to perform compliance self-audits, how to create a culture where your employees come straight to you rather than the DOL with complaints about perceived FLSA violations, and how to conduct yourself during an investigation. We will also teach you how to reduce the negative consequences of potential violations by knowing when is the right time to contact your attorney and the best avenue to take when contesting an investigator’s findings.
Course Topics Covered:
- How the DOL decides whom to investigate
- Tips for reducing the risk of being targeted for a DOL investigation
- Employers’ rights and obligations during and after an investigation
- What to expect and how to behave during an investigation
- Best practices for compliance self-audits