By Julia Coon,
The General Services Administration (GSA) completed Phase 1 of the Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) consolidation on October 1, 2019 when the new MAS solicitation consolidating the twenty-four legacy Schedules into one single solicitation was published. Phase 2 of the MAS consolidation will begin in January 2020 when GSA issues a mass modification to all existing contract holders.
The mass modification will update all terms and conditions to match the new MAS solicitation. Once the mass modification has been accepted, contract holders will be able to add Special Item Numbers (SINs) that were previously on separate Schedules. Contract holders must qualify for the SIN(s) and submit a modification to add any new SIN(s) in eMod. SIN specific qualifications can be found in the MAS solicitation on beta.sam.gov.
How to Prepare for the Mass Modification:
- Ensure your Contract Administrator’s information is up to date so you will receive the mass modification.
- Review the new solicitation to understand where your current offerings will fall under the new large categories, subcategories, and SINs. GSA has provided a crosswalk of the legacy SINs to the new SINs in the Available Offerings Attachment.
- Attend either the Session One webinar or Session Two webinar that GSA is hosting.
What to Do When You Receive the Mass Modification:
- Review the mass modification in its entirety.
- Either accept the clause or request an exception to the clause when responding to the mass modification. A written justification for each requested clause exception must be included and negotiated with your Contracting Officer.
NOTE: You can review your current clause exceptions in eLibrary. You do not have to take exception to any clauses that do not apply to your contract. Contract holders with clause exceptions should reach out to their Contracting Officer before April 1, 2020 to ensure there is adequate time to negotiate the exceptions.
- Respond to the mass modification before the July 31, 2020 deadline.
Your assigned Contracting Officer, contract number, period of performance, and product/service offerings will not change after acceptance of the mass modification. Multiple contract consolidation will be completed in Phase 3. If you do not respond to the mass modification by the deadline, your contract offerings will not be available to view on GSA’s eTools.
If you have any questions on the MAS consolidation, please contact our GSA team or call us at 703-288-2800.
About the Author:
Julia Coon is GSA and VA Contract Consultant at Centre Law & Consulting. Julia works with the GSA/VA team in preparing new schedule proposals and post-award contract administration. She has experience in producing schedule renewal packages, various modification packages, small business subcontracting plans, and updates to GSA price lists.