What is a VPAT? Why you need to know Section 508?
This webinar will provide an understanding of the revised accessibility requirements for contractors who provide Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) to the federal government. According to federal guidelines established by the U.S. Access Board:
“All information and communication technology (ICT) procured, developed, maintained, or used by Federal agencies must be accessible. ICT includes software, hardware, electronic content, support documentation and services. If you manufacture, build, design, create, teach, or resell ICT products or services, you are an ICT Vendor. To do business with the federal government, you need to demonstrate that your ICT product or service is accessible and conforms to the Revised 508 Standards.”
The easiest way to showcase information about product accessibility to government buyers is to provide a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT™).
- What is the revised Section 508 standards and how they affect government contractors who sell digital products and services?
- Understand what a VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) is and where you can find one.
- Why using automated tools is not enough and why manual user testing is a critical piece in the compliance process?
- The important difference between accessibility and usability that go beyond the VPAT requirements that also beat out the competition.
Who Should Attend:
- Government contractor personnel responsible for responding to federal ICT solicitations
- Anyone on a products or services team who needs to be up to date on Section 508 rules, regulations, and best practices
- Copy of materials
Book now!Price: $99
Client Price: $89