The Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”) provides a statutory right of public access to Executive Branch records, including records about government contracts, and contractors. This program, taught by a Government FOIA attorney and a private sector government contract attorney, examines FOIA from a variety of contract-related perspectives.
What you will learn about:
- FOIA procedural requirements—What can be requested, how, and when;
- Agency’s search for records—How the Government processes FOIA requests;
- How a contractor can, and should, respond when the Government informs you that your information has been requested;
- How both the requesting party, and the party whose information has been requested, can appeal the Government’s decision on what and what not to release;
- Highlights of recent government contract-related FOIA litigation;
- Practice tips for maximizing FOIA’s usefulness and protecting your own information.
This course is useful for contractor business development, finance, and contract administration personnel; both in-house, agency, and private counsel; and government personnel involved in the FOIA process.
Book now!Price: $99
Client Price: $89