Government contracts is a highly regulated business environment, with a range of laws, regulations, contract provisions, and written and unwritten business practices. Both experienced and new government contractors can too-easily find themselves the subject of various enforcement actions and sanctions, aimed at both the company and at them, personally. This program will examine the major ethics and compliance issues in government contracts. We will look at the key enforcement provisions: False Claims Act, False Statements Act, suspension and debarment, as well as the effects of ethics and compliance on competitive contract awards.
The program will focus on understanding the risks and learning how to manage them, primarily through by designing and implementing a Government Contract Compliance Program. Finally, we will examine how these Programs work in practice by discussing a few hot button ethics and compliance examples, including the compliance aspects of the Trade Agreements Act, contacts with small businesses, OCI, and GSA MAS contracts.
- Understanding the legal framework of government contract ethics and compliance: the False Claims Act, the False Statements Act, and Suspension and Debarment
- The interrelationship between compliance laws and regulations and the “operational” world of government contracts: proposals, contract provisions, and the FAR/DFAR/Agency supplements and Executive Orders
- Ways in which contractors, and contractor personnel, intentionally and unintentionally, violate ethics and compliance rules
- Designing an effective Government Contract Compliance Program
- Implementing your Compliance Program: practical steps to make the Program work
- Case studies: compliance issues involving the TAA; contracting with small businesses on set-asides; GSA MAS pricing, and other real life examples
- Learn to recognize and understand ethics and compliance risk areas in government contracts.
- Analyze general and contact-specific risks in relation to your company, contracts, and program goals.
- Design and implement an effective Government Contract Compliance Program
- Learn to self-audit and conduct a gap analysis to ensure your new or existing compliance program meets all current regulatory and real life requirements
- Walk through how to deal with specific compliance challenges, including dealing with government enforcement personnel
Who Should Attend:
- Compliance managers
- Mid-to-senior contractor executives
- Internal audit and finance personnel
Book now!Price: $99
Client Price: $89
Course Number: WE03