Dovetailing on its successful long-running GSA and VA Federal Supply Schedule Boot Camps, and in response to requests, Centre Law and Consulting is pleased to introduce its newest boot camp: Federal Procurement—Boot Camp for Beginners.
This fast-paced two-day boot camp combines elements of many of Centre’s basic and introductory procurement classes to give participants a complete overview of the Federal procurement process from A to Z in a logical and understandable flow. The boot camp is ideal for new hires in the private of Federal sectors with responsibilities involving Federal procurement, and for even seasoned acquisition professionals who are looking for a refresher, and for management officials with responsibility for overseeing these process.
Federal Procurement—Boot Camp for Beginners will introduce participants to the statutory and regulatory authorities and requirements, as well as the various methods used in government procurement to consummate procurements by the world’s largest customer—Fortune One: The United States Government.
The boot camp for beginners provides an excellent foundation for participants to build on in preparation for higher-level, more specialized and complex procurement training. Federal Procurement—Boot Camp for Beginners will cover the topics shown below, and more:
- Brief History and Overview of Federal Procurement
- Statutory and Regulatory Authorities and Guiding Principles
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) & Supplemental Acquisition Regulations
- Terms and Definitions
- Business Ethics and Integrity
- Publication Requirements
- Acquisition Planning
- Required Sources of Supplies and Services
- Determining a Prospective Contractor’s Responsibility
- Market Research
- Brand Name or Equal Procurements
- Commercial Item Acquisitions
- Purchases below the Simplified Acquisition Threshold (SAT)
- Contracting by Sealed Bidding
- Contracting by Negotiation
- Types of Contracts
- Multi and Option Year Contracting
- Small Business Programs and Set-Asides
- Labor Requirements in Federal Contracting
- The Buy American Act & The Trade Agreements Act
- Disputes, Claims, Equitable Adjustments
- Contract Modifications, Bilateral/Unilateral, Changes Orders
- Contract Terminations
- Contract Clauses/Provisions
- Contract Administration
Join us at Centre’s Tysons Corner facilities for the inaugural Federal Procurement—Boot Camp for Beginners and increase your knowledge of the Federal Procurement process.
Book now!Price: $995
Client Price: $925