Centre Law & Consulting is excited to announce its newest training class offering—Contracting and Subcontracting Essentials. This fast-paced three-day training session will be held at Centre’s headquarters in Tyson’s, Virginia, and was developed in response to requests and recommendations from Centre’s training participants—you asked—Centre listened.
The course was developed with beginners in mind, and those who may need refresher training to sharpen and enhance their Federal contracting skills and knowledge.
This class will provide a comprehensive introduction and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) sufficient to allow participants to gain an in-depth understanding of the FAR and the many Federal Statutes implemented therein—covering contracting from the development and forecasting of procurement opportunities—to contract closeout (cradle to grave).
Try and match the enthusiasm of our Certified Federal Contracts Manager instructor as you are guided through the challenges of the procurement planning process, the principles of contract formation, the types of contracts, contract dispute issues, terminations (for convenience, cause, or default), Cure and Show Cause Notices, warranty and other contract administration issues. The Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS) is covered extensively, as is Federal small business programs, and their often competing interests, are covered in this course.
A third and full day of this class is devoted to subcontracting requirements and related issues. Subcontracting presents a variety of contract administration complexities, challenges, and vulnerabilities. Subcontracts are a hybrid of sorts, with mandatory government flowdowns as well as a company’s commercial terms and conditions under the Uniform Commercial Code. Also covered in subcontracting essentials is the role Teaming Agreements play—you will definitely want to hear what our Attorney-instructor with over 30 years of expertise in this area shares with you based on actual cases and many years of litigation. In addition, consent to subcontracts, make or buy programs, contractor purchasing system reviews, the withholding, granting and withdrawing approval of approval of these systems, and Small Business Subcontracting Plans are covered.
You will learn how to:
- Effectively respond to everyday problems, at both the prime and subcontract levels
- Identify the unique differences between Federal government contracting, and commercial contracting.
- Understand compliance with the legal and regulatory framework of Federal contracts
- Effectively manage your subcontracts and small business subcontracting plan
- Risk allocation through subcontracts
- Manage subcontractor claims and disputes
- Navigate Intellectual Property Issues, Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, rights in data
Who Should Attend:
- Contract and Subcontract Administrators
- In-House or Corporate Counsel
- CEOs, COOs, and VPs of small contractors
- Capture Team and Business Development Personnel
- Operational Mid- and Senior-Level Personnel
- Certified Schedules Contract Manager (CSCM) Candidates
Book now!Price: $895
Client Price: $806