By Angel N. Davis,
There is an on-going buzz surrounding the upcoming GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Consolidation. If you haven’t heard (I am not sure where you’ve been), GSA is consolidating 24 schedules for products, services, and solutions, into one single platform. This initiative will have an impact on all schedule holders.
This is what you need to do to be prepared for this upcoming implementation:
- All twenty-four individual schedules, including service and product schedules, are being consolidated! The VA Schedules will not be consolidated at this time.
Current schedule holders will maintain their current contract number, and if you have multiple contracts, GSA will work with you to determine the best solution for your company.
- If you are in the process of submitting a new offer under an individual schedule OR are submitting a mod to add a new SIN, your offer or mod must be submitted by September 30, 2019. Otherwise, you must submit your new offer or mod to add a SIN after October 1st based on the Consolidated Schedule. GSA will not award new offers or mods to add new SINs until mid-January 2020.
- Legacy Schedule holders in the process of submitting a Successful Legacy/Streamlined offer should submit their offer before October 1st. If you don’t submit by October 1st, you’ll have to start a new offer based on the Consolidated solicitation.
- For current schedule holders, be prepared to review and accept the Consolidated Schedule Terms and Conditions Mass Modification, expected to be released in mid- January 2020.
- Read the latest revised draft of the GSA MAS solicitation. On October 1st, the final solicitation will be published on FedBizOpps.
Additionally, for all current Schedule holders, GSA announced this week that a Mass Mod will be released in mid-September to add the below new clauses prohibiting the use of covered Telecommunications Equipment:
- FAR clause 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (AUG 2019)
- GSAR clause 552.204-70, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Aug 2019)
You will have 60 days to accept the Mass Modification. GSA will monitor contractor acceptance of this Mass Modification and may cancel contracts that have not accepted the modification.
Lastly, stay informed!
Centre Law will continue to provide updates on our social media outlets and directly to our clients regarding the upcoming consolidation.
If you need assistance navigating all the new requirements and would like to stay informed regarding the impact of the GSA MAS Consolidation, please contact us!
About the Author:
|Angel Davis, CFCM
Angel N. Davis has over thirteen years of experience in federal contracts management. She is a Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) and is currently President of the Tysons Chapter of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA). While completing the NCMA Contract Management Leadership Development Program (CMLDP), Angel successfully pioneered the NCMA Tysons Women In Leadership Initiative.