May 24th, 2021 SAM.gov Will Merge With beta.SAM.gov
by Victoria Tollossa
Industry is invited to the next Integrated Award Environment online Stakeholder Forum on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT to see the new SAM.gov changes. Please register here for a meeting link to learn more about many of the upcoming changes. Several systems have merged into what is now beta.SAM.gov (e.g. FBO.gov, WDOL.gov, and CFDA.gov). On May 24th, SAM.gov will be the next to integrate. The SAM.gov functions that users visit the site for today – where entities register to do business with the federal government, find exclusion records, search entity registrations –will move into the new SAM.gov system.
Changes SAM.gov users can expect after May 24 include but are not limited to:
- A single user URL (no more “beta”) and login for all functions currently in beta.SAM.gov and SAM.gov
- A single personalized user Workspace based on your roles and the entity registrations you manage
- Landing pages with help specific to entity registrations, exclusions, and entity reporting
- Service Contract Reporting (SCR) and Bio-Preferred reporting access from the entity’s Workspace
- System account functionalities for non-federal users
- Login requirement to search entity registration data
- Optional identity verification for entity administrators (not required until 2022)
- Streamlined search filter functionality
- Search for contract opportunities
- Find wage determinations
- Current SAM.gov registration functions
Please be aware of these changes, as “selling season” for proposals will so be picking up. Having fluency with this new system will be useful in federal contractors’ business development efforts.