Tyler Freiberger is a Senior Associate Attorney at Centre Law & Consulting primarily focusing on employment law, litigation, and compliance with regulations on federal contracts. He has successfully litigated before the NLRB, the EEOC, local counties human rights commissions, and several United States D.C. District Courts. On behalf of Centre Law & Consulting, he has advised federal contractors on compliance with the Service Contract Labor Standards/the Service Contract.
Tyler also frequently examines manufacturing processes and individual products for potential Buy America/BAA/TAA issues, guiding contractors through the crucial certification processes before submitting bids and through agency inquires/audits.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic Tyler has advised employers on their obligations under the CARES Act, local regulations, and national vaccine mandates to ensure compliance with contractors’ client obligations while avoiding employment disputes.
Meet Tyler Freiberger, Senior Associate Attorney
Successful ruling after four day hearing before NLRB on behalf of employer.
Federal jury trial victory in United States Maryland District Court as first chair proving noncompliance with the FLSA by Montgomery County.
Grant appeal to USDA sustained following hearing on congressional intent of grant.
Review of hundreds of products for TAA/BAA compliance.
Successful defense of DoL audit alleging FLSA and SCLS violations on behalf of employer; original six-figure violation dismissed with no penalty applied.
- Contributor, Federal Government Contracting Compliance – Wolters Kluwer, The Corporate Legal Compliance Handbook (1st ed. 2017).
- Buy American Statute and Trade Agreements Act Updates(recurring).
- The Service Contract Labor Standards. (recurring).
- Recent Bid Protest Trends for National Contract Management Association, World Congress (July 2019).
- Employment and Contract Issues for Electrical Contractors- Electrical Contractor Essentials: Finance, Insurance, and Legal for National Electrical Contractors Association (March 2022).
- Member- Virginia State Bar
- Course Instructor- District of Columbia Bar, Drafting Employee Handbooks
- Member- Virginia State Bar, Eastern District of Virginia District Court, and Court of Federal Claims
George Mason University Scalia School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Writing Chairman, 2014 George Mason Costello Trial Competition
- Finalist, 2012 Intramural Trial Advocacy Competition
- Semi-Finalist, Moot Court Upper Class Competition Competitor
- 2013 National Trial Competition Competitor
- 2014 Employment Bar Competition Finalist
- 2014 Judge Paul Joseph Kelly, Jr. Invitational Trial Competition Competitor
- 2014 Gibbons Criminal Procedure National Moot Court Competition
- Justice, Moot Court Board
- Student Advocate, Honor Board
University of Louisville, Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy