BREAKING NEWS FROM GSA
if you have questions or need guidance, please reach out to Maureen Jamieson at email@example.com.
This Interact post is the advance notice announcement of GSA’s intention to consolidate the current 24 Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) and release a new single Schedule for product, services, and solutions on October 1, 2019. A revised draft of the MAS solicitation is attached with applicable attachments. The solicitation has been updated based on more than 1,000 comments received to GSA’s recent requests for information. This document defines and lays out overall MAS offer evaluation criteria, requirements, and terms and conditions. It will be published in its final form on October, 1, 2019.
What to Expect on October 1, 2019
On October 1, 2019, GSA will publish the new, consolidated, solicitation on FedBizOpps along with applicable attachments. The FBO package will contain;
- Available Offerings Summary Document
- One Attachment for each Large Category
- Regulations Incorporate by Reference
- Significant Changes Document
GSA will use a new ‘Available Offerings and Requirements’ page on GSA.gov to house templates and attachments that are part of the solicitation. Applicability of the templates will be noted in the solicitation documents posted on FBO and housed on GSA.gov for organizational purposes and industry’s ease of use.
For reference, we have attached 4 documents that explain the details, components, and layout of the solicitation. The category attachments will include the below clause references and additional instructions or requirements that are specific to each large category, subcategory or SIN.
How to Prepare for the New Schedule coming October 1, 2019
We highly encourage industry partners to read our newly updated Frequently Asked Questions (also attached) and tune in to our upcoming webinars dedicated to the new solicitation. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and hear directly from from GSA’s subject matter experts.
Date: September 17, 2019
Time: 3:00 – 4:00 PM EDT
Registration Link: https://meet.gsa.gov/eapkwzqxhyao/event/event_info.html
Date: September 19, 2019
Time: 3:00 – 4:00 PM EDT
Registration Link: https://meet.gsa.gov/eoj61sws2yjs/event/event_info.html
Please submit your comments on the draft consolidated solicitation directly to this Interact post or email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
About MAS Consolidation:
MAS Consolidation is one of the four Cornerstone Initiatives of GSA’s Federal Marketplace (FMP) strategy, GSA’s plan to modernize and simplify the buying and selling experience for customers, suppliers, and acquisition professionals. GSA’s new single Schedule solicitation features a simplified format with streamlined terms and conditions, new large categories and sub-categories, and updated Special Item Numbers (SINs) that will make it easier for contractors to offer, and agency partners to buy, products, services, and solutions. Created by a cross-functional team of GSA’s acquisition experts, the new solicitation was developed iteratively and incorporates industry feedback from the more than 1,000 responses to our recent Requests for Information (RFI).
- Draft MAS Solicitation – Defines and lays out overall MAS offer evaluation criteria, requirements, and terms and conditions.
- Available Offerings – The available offerings excel sheet contains three tabs; one that maps legacy SINs to the new consolidated SIN structure, a second tab that summarizes only the new structure of available offerings, and a third tab that summarizes all the large and subcategories.
- Clause Matrix – Identifies all the ‘required’ (applicable to all MAS) and ‘required as applicable’ (applicable to some large categories, subcategories and/or SINs under MAS). This matrix also identifies where in the solicitation the ‘required’ clauses will fall.
- ‘Required as Applicable’ Clause Mapping to Available Offerings – Identifies what level the ‘required as applicable’ clauses will apply.
- Updated Industry FAQs