Gain the skills necessary to understand every key issue in subcontracting today. This course covers the complex relationships between the federal government, prime contractors and subcontractors.
This course is a must for negotiating subcontractors and managing subcontracts whether you are a buyer, seller or government official.
After completing this course you will understand contract flow-down clauses, consent clauses, make or buy plans, privity, sponsorship, and subcontracting plans. You will learn how to negotiate subcontract flow-down clauses both as a prime and as a subcontractor; navigate through intellectual property issues; manage subcontractor claims and disputes; tailor terms and conditions for specific needs; and manage subcontractors.
- Overview of subcontracting issues
- Make or buy programs
- Contractor’s purchasing review
- Mandatory flow down clauses
- Negotiating subcontracts—specific clauses
- Subcontracting plan requirements
- Consent to subcontract and subcontracting competition clauses
- Cost and pricing
- Organizational Conflicts of Interest, Buy America Act, and labor laws
- Terminations, claims, and protests
- Current hot topics in subcontracting
No classes are currently scheduled. Please contact us to inquire about availability or booking an on-site class.