The Service Contract Labor Standards (SCLS), formerly the Service Contract Act, is one of the most challenging acts in federal contracting, and it is surrounded by a lot of misinformation. Our attorneys and instructors know the law.
How Our Course Is Different:
This is not a seminar taught by bureaucrats obligated to preach the DOL party-line. Centre’s program is taught by expert lawyers who offer real-world, practical advice.
Our instructors provide all the ins and outs of how to navigate the complexities of the SCLS, not just the typical Department of Labor agency lines. Consider this: Would you trust the DOL to give you inside advice on how to avoid audits when conducting audits is part of their responsibility?
Plus we use a comprehensive textbook that will serve as a desk reference. We don’t just give you a powerpoint. It covers regulations, board, and court decisions. This class also provides detailed information on how to identify and mitigate risk under the SCLS, apply wage and benefit rules, avoid violations, fulfill SCLS obligations, and understand special compliance issues from the Department of Labor.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Avoid pitfalls of “self-determining” whether the Act applies
- Understand wage and benefit rules
- Avoid SCLS violations
- Understand enforcement and compliance issues
- Handle special GSA and VA Schedule issues
- Apply FLSA exemptions
Who Should Attend:
- Contract Managers and Administrators
- Contracting Officers and Specialists
- Program and Project Managers and Officers
- Human Resource Managers
- Personnel responsible for preparing proposals
- Light refreshments
- Course materials plus 10 tips for navigating the Service Contract Labor Standards booklet
- Lunch & Learn: Temps, Interns and Contractors, Oh My!’ Understanding ‘Employee Status’ and Related Compliance Implications (lunch will be served)
A Centre Law & Consulting certificate of completion will be provided to all attendees upon conclusion of the class.
Continue the conversation, join our Service Contract Act (SCLS) Forum on LinkedIn.
Book now!Price: $895
Client Price: $805
Course Number: FC32